11.06.2009

Fashion: Topshop, Kate Moss, NYC & Shiny !

Friday night and nothing planned? Do what I do and go shopping...okay "window" shopping if you insist on being accurate.

I rarely have the opportunity to shop till I drop and look at, try on, and touch everything my little heart desires. The reason being: I often go to the boutiques with women and men who cannot tolerate the constant back and forth of an avid window-shopper and fashionista like myself. So I take my own trips to Bergdorf' s, Saks, and Bloomingdales and I burn calories climbing up and down the escalators to each floor and toning up the muscles in my fingers by pushing endless buttons on the gorgeous gold elevator panels. Let me tell you, this beats out Tae Bo any day!


Anyhow, after walking the cold, dark streets of Soho, and strutting in and out of each boutique on Broadway, I finally made it to Topshop. I've seen the line in magazines and even browsed the collection online, but nothing beats the sea of shiny that awaits you once you enter the boutique in the flesh! I was entranced, mesmerized to say the least. I saw so many trinkets, baubles, sequins, glass beads, glitter, and sparkly embroidery that I was near blind. Not to mention the chains, lots and lots of chains, on handbags and booties and jackets and leather and dresses and blouses.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pieces in the collection and the overall design line was superb, with a little something for everyone. Kate Moss did an excellent job. My favorite floor was the main entrance level, and the Christopher Kane collection on the 2nd floor. Oh, how I love shiny.



All images from: Topshop. Click to Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment