9.14.2009

9.13.09 MTV VMA's...My Top Picks

While I didn't watch the VMA's live because I just can't take some of the raw, un-edited, unadulterated jokes, I did watch performance re-caps on the MTV website. And I think that I haven't seen an award show, at least on MTV, that has been this stellar in a very longggg time. The Janet Jackson tribute to MJ was incredible! It was great to see celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Ne-Yo and Alicia Keys being fans and showing "fan-love". It reminded me of the fact that today's celebrities really are "fans" of Music Icons like MJ, Janet, Madonna and the likes. I mean, think about it, most of them were like 6 when most of today's over 40 musicians were in their prime!




Pink's performance was mind-blowing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, literally praying that she doesn't miss a step, or worse yet...fall. I think the most impressive thing is the fact that she sang her heart out, in tune and on pitch while swinging upside down with blood rushing to her head, every muscle in her body being exercised to great extremes and trying to remember each step of the routine in mid-air. How's that for talent!




Sleek in Black:

Olivia Pallermo (The City)


Chance Crawford


Most interesting Outfits:

Lady GaGa


All American Rejects (I think he's very brave to wear an entire suit in this color)

Double Take: Makes you wonder if they called each other up the night before and planned this ...

Pink and Shakira (Glad their laughing about it)


All images and videos courtesy of MTV.com

1 comment: