6.15.2010

Restaurant Review: Paesano (Little Italy)

Paesano of Mulberry Street
136 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10013
Neighborhood: Little Italy

I went to Paesano's for one of my best friend's birthdays and I got to taste a lot of little things at this place. I went to the gym first so I wouldn't feel guilty for all the rich sauces and fatty fried things I ate. The space is small, but spacious enough for expanding tummies. The calamari was tasty and crunchy, not soggy or heavily breaded like it sometimes is. I hate it when its like that too. Not appetizing. I also tasted some of the fried zucchini, which was a bit salty to me. The Joey's special salad was sooo yummy! I mean I genuinely love salads, but the zucchini and fresh mozzarella really made this bed o' greens worthwhile. I ordered cheese ravioli with meat, in a vodka sauce. The ravioli seemed to be filled with a mixture of ricotta and some other cheese, so you ravioli purists may not approve. I also had some of the birthday girl's veal, it was succulent, but I can't quite remember the name. All of it is relatively inexpensive in my opinion. But go and decide for yourself. Happy eating!

Image Courtesy of: 
everythingaboutfood.net

No comments:

Post a Comment